Add Multiple Existing Packages to an SSIS Project at One Time



I’m sure I’m late to figuring this out – but in SSIS you can add more than 1 existing .dtsx package to a project at a time, but its not very intuitive how you can do it.  So for years, on the occasion when I had to create a new SSIS project and add more than a few existing packages from another project, I would tediously Right Click SSIS Packages > Add Existing Package.  Makes sense…

From here you can only add one package at a time.

But if you right click on the project name, and go to Add > Existing Item…

You can CTRL Click as many packages or connection managers as you need to add. 

Very helpful when migrating from one project to another with dozens of packages!

Evidently this is the second in my series of posts on "How to click on multiple things in SQL Server components"... http://anexinetbi.blogspot.com/2015/03/select-and-process-multiple-dimensions.html

Labels: , ,